LJ Consultants (LJC) offer a wide range of Engineering, Land Surveying, Project Management and Construction Management services for residential and commercial land developers. The principals of LJC have a combined experience of over 40 years in engineering, construction inspection, construction management and project management.
- Work with clients to prepare and optimize land plans
- Research and assemble summaries of impact and development fees. Review conditions of approval and mitigation measure to define possible off-site obligations
- Prepare cost estimates and feasibility analysis.
- Utilize relationships with cities and agencies to assist client with project viability
PLANNING AND ENTITLEMENT
- Assist client with the preparation of:
- Specific Plan
- General Plan Amendment
- Environmental Impact Report
- Tentative Map
- Work with cities and agencies staff to negotiate conditions of approvals and project impacts.
- Attend public hearings with client to assist with public presentations if warranted.
- Update cost estimates based upon conditions of approval.
DESIGN AND PLAN APPROVAL
- Grading and Utility Studies
- Hydrology and Hydraulic Studies
- Improvement Plans and Grading Plans
- Construction Specifications
- Coordinate with all project Consultants to prepare construction documents.
- Process all plans with agencies to obtain plan approval and permits.
- Prepare cost estimates based upon approved plans.
- Work with utility companies to get dry utility drawings approved and get contracts for work to be completed.
- Assist client with design review process to obtain architectural approval.
BID AND CONTRACT AWARDING
- Assist client with preparing bid documents, analyzing contractor bids and awarding the contracts for all stages of the project
Oversee all aspects of construction and effectively communicate with the client throughout the various phases of the construction process.
- Prepare and update schedules as construction progresses.
- Coordinate and respond to RFIs from contractors.
- Review progress payments for approval and payment by the client.
- Prepare and review all change orders requests.
- Track the approved budget to ensure the project remains successfully on budget and potential cost overruns will be communicated in advance.
- Work with local inspectors and agencies to ensure work is completed per agency standards.
- Ensure that contractors are complying with SWPPP prepared for each specific project.
- Ensure air quality compliance by all contractors for each project.
- Hold project production meeting weekly with all Contractors, Engineers and Consultants to allow the team to have effective communication. This team approach has been successful in heading off field and/or engineering issues that could have stopped a project while a solution was found. This approach allows the team to proactively discuss any possible concerns before they potentially result in cost overruns.
PROJECT CLOSEOUT / TRACT ACCEPTANCE / BOND RELEASE
- Coordinate with Contractors and Consultants to prepare record drawings for the client as well as for the agencies.
- Work closely with staff to generate punch list for each specific project.
- Coordinate completion of all necessary items on punch lists and work with staff to ensure the project is placed on the City Council agenda for acceptance.
- Once the project has been accepted ensure that staff returns all bonds to the client
STORM WATER MANAGEMENT AND SITE MAINTENANCE
Work with owner to determine the scope necessary for each individual project. Some of the services offered are as follows but not limited to:
- Landscape Maintenance
- Weed Control
- SWPPP – (See Stormwater Services Tab for Level of Services)
- General Site Clean Up