LJ Consultants (LJC) offers a wide range of Engineering, Construction Inspection and Construction Management and Storm Water Management services for public agencies and special service districts. The principals of LJC have a combined experience of over 40 years in engineering, construction inspection, construction management and project management. Specifically the principals of LJ Consultants have vast experience with locally, state and federally funded projects, their attention to details is the key to success on these types of projects. Over the years LJC has worked on numerous CALTRANS related projects either directly with CALTRANS or coordination between CALTRANS and various public agencies.
PLAN CHECK SERVICES
- Insure submitted plans complies with agency/district standards
- Provide comments to staff in a timely manner
- Utility & Grading studies
- Improvement & Grading plans
- Construction Specifications
- Miscellaneous Exhibits
- Insure work performed is per Agency/District standards
- Encourage and enforce safe practices
- Insure material used is per approved submittals
- Work close with Agency/District staff as well as surrounding agencies
- Coordinate contractor activities
- Work with engineers to resolve any discrepancies
- Review progress payments for approval
Oversee all aspects of construction and effectively communicate with the client throughout the various phases of the construction process.
- Prepare and update schedules as construction progresses.
- Coordinate and respond to RFIs from contractors. Review progress payments for approval and payment by the client.
- Prepare and review all change orders requests.
- Track the approved budget to ensure the project remains successfully on budget and potential cost overruns will be communicated in advance.
- Work with local inspectors and agencies to ensure work is completed per agency standards.
- Ensure that contractors are complying with SWPPP prepared for each specific project.
- Ensure air quality compliance by all contractors for each project.
- Hold project production meeting weekly with all Contractors and Engineers to allow the team to have effective communication. This team approach has been successful in heading off field and/or engineering issues that could have stopped a project while a solution was found. This approach allows the team to proactively discuss any possible concerns before they potentially result in cost overruns.
- Insure As-built Plans are up to date and correct before final plans are recorded
STORM WATER MANAGEMENT
Work with owner to determine the scope necessary for each individual project. Some of the services offered are as follows but not limited to:
- QSD (Qualified SWPPP Developer)
- QSP (Qualified SWPPP Practitioner)
- CESSWI (Certified Erosion, Sediment and Storm Water Inspector)
- Identify Risk Level
- Create Plan and update to SMARTS
- Inspect sites regularly to insure compliance
- Assist with NOI and NOT